However easy it sounds, it is quite difficult to find characters you WOULDN’T want to trade places with. I thought how hard could it be? The answer to that question is quick enough, tough as Earth’s crust. I want to thank the Goodreads group – Top 5 Wednesday run by Samantha of Thoughtsontome and Lainey of Gingerreadslainey which has given me the opportunity to brainstorm about the books I have read till now and come up with a few characters I wouldn’t like to trade places with.
Characters you WOULDN’T like to trade places with
- The Tucks from Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt – The Tucks are cursed family by no mistake of their own. A teenage Winnie stumbles upon them when she finally decides to venture out of her home. The story follows how they came to be.
Why not trade places with them? As marvelous as it sounds the idea of living forever is not on top of my list. Yes, that’s their curse. Even though a thousand things that one can do ran through my mind as i read the book, I wouldn’t like to live forever.
- Savitri from Ant Arambh by Harkishan Mehta – Savitri is brave, strong, courageous woman growing up in the city of Vadodara, studying in the reputed M.S College. She goes on to become an independent woman who has a tiger as her pet.
Why not trade places with her? Her life is filled with many stories like all of us but according to me, she is a woman who is alone in all her glory. I was a teenage girl when I read this book and I would love to re-read it to refresh my memory and find out if what I felt then is still valid.
- Smeagol/Gollum from The Hobbit & The Lord of The Rings (LOTR) by J R R Tolkien – This one needs no introduction. Before he became Gollum his name was Smeagol and he belongs to an early branch of Scoorish Hobbits. However, the RING gets the best of him and he lives with it for too long still he retains his brains which you can see in The Hobbit novel as well as the LOTR series. His charming but horrendous actions and words deceive and achieve what he wants.
Why not trade places with him? Because I want to be an ELF. LOL. No?? I am serious.
- Nui from Mushishi by Yuki Urushibara – I LOVE MUSHISHI. It’s a manga as well as a series & live action film. Nui is a Mushi (Bug) master living in a small village. she lives near a pond in which the Tokoyami that consumed her entire family dwells. She lives there to study the Ginko that lives in the Tokoyami. She meets Yoki and helps him regain his strength.
- Elizabeth Roffe from Bloodline by Sidney Sheldon – The novel was published long before my birth but it is a gripping tale of money hungry monsters and a damsel putting them in distress with help of someone she doesn’t quiet trust until late. Elizabeth is a wealthy heiress of her grandfather’s medical company and her lecherous relatives will stop at nothing to get their hands on some if not all of her money.
Why not trade places with her? Take a wild guess…
I love reading and I have rarely ever thought about it if I would like to swap places with a character or not except when it came to the fantasy books. Now I think I must look forward to finding more characters and their stories that I certainly wouldn’t want to trade places with.
So got any characters you wouldn’t want to trade places with? Please share. The more unread books the better.