Every time you come in yelling that God damn “Rise & Shine!” “Rise & Shine!” I say to myself, “How lucky dead people are.”
I couldn’t agree more. Hate it when I am woken up in the morning. Hated it more when I was a kid because I was rushed to the school ASAP.
It’s three in the morning and you can hear the first music of the dawn. The peacocks are up real early. Maybe that’s why they are so beautiful? I ask myself. Sometimes I joke with my family that they are not singing, they are just calling me by my nickname, their lost princess. When I hear them I like to let my imagination run and I come up with funny stories for my family. Like the last time I told them, “One day those peacocks are going to come and take our Jeana (my niece) away for an adventure.” Everyone laughed but it was so much fun making up stories with them. Well, a very Good Morning to you my friend. 🙂
My secret to happy morning doesn’t have to do anything with me. I am simply blessed to be up early. I have not been writing for almost a month but I have been waking up every morning without any alarm clocks. I wake up listening to the birds songs every morning. As I open my eyes I whisper good morning to all those who are awake and sometimes I even scold the squirrel for making so much noise in the morning. It’s satisfying and fun to watch the squirrels play and talk to each other. I am listening to the sparrows, the jungle babblers, the red crested bulbuls, peculiar squirrels and who not as they dance around and wake the others. If you google right now, you will find plenty of videos and recordings of bird songs. If only going outside, finding birds and listening to them was more of an activity for each one of us.
A few things I realized by waking up early.
- You don’t put your life and everything in it together just because you are up early. If you keep loathing life isn’t fun. It’s by doing that you start to put pieces of anything in life together.
- You feel awesome. Absolute promise to you that if you wake up early you will be more happy. Waking up early does make you happy but you do need to sleep early. Go out for a jog or go on your terrace of balcony for an early read, it will feel much better. Not only you will take more oxygen but you will take in more of life.
It’s a gift to yourself. I won’t elaborate this one, think for yourself why it’s a gift. 🙂
- It’s a promise to yourself that you must learn to keep everyday. We don’t like to wake up early. I don’t. In fact it would be great to sleep till late and stay up till 2-4 am in the morning doing things.
- You get more done. I have been reading, listening to more music, watching more movies/anime. In short, I have been having more FUN. Believe you me, it’s fun to wake up early and do things. Although once I was too sleepy and I hit my head on the bathroom door because I couldn’t keep my eyes open, I love it when I wake up early. I have not been writing much and frankly that hasn’t been on the top of my list. As you can easily understand from my first two paragraphs, I woke up early just to enjoy life. It’s been a joyride.
- Wake up not to accomplish everything in the world, wake up because you love it. I think waking up early and giving a head start to life is much more uplifting to a sad person then any uplifting music. Life is fun that way. I am not optimistic when I say that, it’s the truth.
If you look at it most of the men/women who are successful, wake up early. Albert Einstein, Stephen King, Mark Zuckerberg, Narendra Modi, Barack Obama, Bill Gates, Dhirubhai Ambani etc. Read their interviews or their morning rituals you will realize the first thing they did was waking up earlier then it seems humanly possible. They all have some agenda, a plan for the day that they execute to do their work better. Yes, I said that to get your attention and also because it’s the truth. It’s not waking up early that make you successful but it’s being early then others in “Doing” that does. Maybe it’s because as you go on you start realizing that even if you just sit and listen to the music of nature, you are far better than you were yesterday. I am lucky and grateful for the mornings. I know most of the city folks can not agree with me but believe me, it’s true.
I have been practicing waking up early without realizing that it’s slowly becoming a habit and I am really happy about it. I still go back to bed if I haven’t got enough sleep, but it’s funny now, I don’t feel bad about it. I used to wake up at 8 am before. Now it’s 5 am and I couldn’t be happier. God, listening to those peacocks sing with all the other birds, it’s a symphony.
Wake up early. Nature plays a symphony you wouldn’t wanna miss. Better yet, it’s free for us all.
It’s almost 6: Twenty Five now. I need to excuse myself, I am not used to sticking to my PC early in the morning. I am going to enjoy my cup of tea in the fresh air under the lovely blue sky. A lovely appointment shouldn’t be missed.
Have a fun day, you. 🙂