At Year end we usually celebrate for the coming year and we make new resolutions for the coming year. Soon, every Year comes to an end. Yet, every year I go on living as if I am going to live forever. Not just me, most of us do that. Well, who expects to die anyway? Until today I have rarely ever reflected on how my year passed away but this year I really want to take a closer look and bring changes to the next. Every year begins the same, wishes for New Year and saying Goodbye to the year that just ended. The celebrations go on for a few days until your job and life catch up with you again and then again you are the same rat, running in the race. Something like this;
Whooow.. One heck of a ride for the last 29 years. Yep, I am fastly approaching the beginning of another Golden decade of my life. What the heck I have been up to? No strong direction in life and a lot of questions on my mind. I want a change in my life, I do not wish to continue like this anymore. Got to be much brave and strong in the face of life and bring changes that I want in order to do better than I did yesterday.
Year end are making me a bit uneasy these few years. It’s happening quite fast. Am I the only one who feels that way?
So what happened this year? A quick recap –
- Marriage: I got married. This has been one huge surprise decision of my life. For I was never someone who would marry and settle down. Along came Akash. Yep, he is my better half now. You might be wondering, was her marriage arranged? NOPE. It’s love marriage. I will write about it in more detail some other day.
Getting married is bringing in a concrete change in your life. As it has been for me.
- Transfer: I got transferred from my home state to the state of Karnataka as my husband is an IT engineer and works in Bangalore. First, I pressed hard for my transfer ( employers make it really difficult) and then I pressed to settle down in the new city.I can say, Bangalore is fabulous except that I have asthma and Bangalore weather doesn’t agree with me. So, now I am used to colds/coughs and fever every now and then. Which is again a bad thing if you are employed. So, I am not able to give my all to my home and husband as my job takes up almost 10 hours of my day. Rest 14 hours I sleep, eat and sleep again. Something like – This video.
- Movies/Dramas/Anime: This year end I am more than satisfied with the amount of drama I have been watching. Don’t look at me like that! Yes, I watch them after cooking and binge watch on holidays. As if I have no other work to attend to. Although, I have not been able to catch up on many anime and dramas ( I will review a few soon I promise) I did have the delight to watch all Marvel/DC movies as well as animated movies. My favorite this year was COCO. Fell in love with many short animated movies like this one and Olaf-Frozen Adventure.
- Books: One field which I do not feel so good about. I miss those years when as a tweenie I used to read all day. This year I have kept up with most manga, read old manga and few webtoons. Top ones being Naruto, Boruto, Food Wars, Cheese in Trap (I have lost interest in it), The Gamer, Pet shop of horror, Black Haze ( Starting with it) etc.
For 2018, I am going to put more emphasis on reading.
- Travel: As far as travel goes I traveled way more than I imagined at the start of the year. Though I have not been to many travel destinations, I got to know a new culture and ways of living. It has been a fun and fulfilling year. In 2018 I hope to travel more and write about it.
I have traveled through madness to find myself. ~Danny Alexander
I feel more at ease with myself now. So I am beginning to challenge myself more and more. For travel, I hope 2018 brings new horizons and learning experiences.
Usually, year end is a happy one, it is the same for me. Don’t get me wrong, this year end I am just thinking a lot more than I usually did about year end.
This year has been one heck of a year. I am having a wonderful personal life but on the professional front, I feel underappreciated for the amount of work I put in. Obviously, for your employers, it is never enough. But you stay for one reason or another, you grow, get promoted, earn more, maybe save up. At the end of 30-50 decades of our lives, you end up thinking, this is not where I thought I’d be, this is not the life I imagined for myself. I am at that stage since last few years.
Somehow, I have not been able to write in the past few months and it feels like I will never write again. When I log in to my blog I feel like a stranger to it as if I have never been here. Maybe even if I don’t turn up it won’t make any difference to anyone. Maybe, it makes a difference to the one who is doing it all. Afterall, you do some things with passion, doesn’t matter if no one says a thing about it. Society/Family can push you up to a limit for your choices, the decision is always yours.
Why do I feel so bad about not being able to write much? Because writing is like water to me. You can’t go on living without having water daily if not hourly. Writing is my therapist, writing is like breathing, deep, slow, long breathing.
When I met my husband in 2015 and we started dating, things started to change for good in my personal life. So, in the year of 2018, I am going to start bringing some more changes in my life and take a turn for a different direction. I am not entirely sure how it is going to turn out for me but I am up for the challenge. ‘Cuz if I wait till I am ready, it will never happen. You can say I am not just looking back at 2017 but my entire life up till now, the same goes for my future too.
So, with this note, got to say bye-bye. See you soon.